Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week 12

This artist is shooting
representational images
that "investigate the
performances of identity".
She is exploring the point
where the myth of a person
supersedes reality and
becomes truth. Although
my work is different in
application, the pursuit or
definition of identity
represents a similar
relationship.





This artists' intention was
t0 create art that deliberately
left out people or specific
details, allowing the painting
to be "filled in" by the viewer.
My work is similar in theory,
in that I try to shoot images
that are have subjective
meaning to me, but ones
that allow the viewer some
latitudes to make their own
interpretation of what my
images mean.





The concept of this artist
is to create art that is
influenced or "informed"
by the work before it,
serving as a starting point
for each new image and
chapter of the work. My
theory is similar, as my
intent is too make images
that feed off of, and connect
each other to a central
meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment